ROLE IN NATIONAL BUILDING
- Conceived, designed and developed India's first air quality Forecasting System- SAFAR -System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research for Metro cities. Operationalized in 4 Indian mega cities (Delhi, Mumbai Pune and Ahmedabad).
- Lead a group of eminent scientists from 19 different countries to quantify Global Climate Change Signals in the upper atmosphere and resulting impacts on radio communication, and satellite drag leading to International WMO award.
- Building the Gridded Emission Inventory map of pollutants for Indian mega cities under "National Environmental Survey" (NES) as a mission mode Project.
- Establishing the framework to generate research outcome under National Atmospheric Chemistry Program (NACP) by national wide MAPAN (Modeling Atmospheric Pollution and Networking) program.
- Creating Awareness on environment through education by establishing the ENVIS (Environmental Information System) center at IITM on "Air Pollution and Climate Change". Air pollution related forecast and related health advisory get disseminated to more than 500 schools and around 0.1 million students on daily basis.
GREEN SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- Areas covered: Air Quality and Climate Change
- Number of people Trained by way of extended training course = 104
ESTABLISHED SCIENTIFIC GROUPS /FACILITIES/CENTERS
- Development of Country's first air quality Forecasting System- SAFAR -System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research. Dedicated to Nation for Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad as an operational facility. (2010-2020)
- Developed framework of Multi-Hazards Early Warning System for combining air quality, weather, climate and Health services (2017-2019).
- Establishment of a Group /Division at IITM, Pune on "Metropolitan Air Quality and Weather Services (MAQWS) (2011). Earlier, Established a Group /Division "Atmospheric Pollution and Transport Modeling (APTM) at IITM, Pune (2004).
- Established of National air quality, weather and climate monitoring network in Indian universities and research institutions known as MAPAN project (2009-2019).
- Establishment of ENVIS (Environmental Information System) center at IITM on "Air Pollution and Climate Change" of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change to creating awareness on environment through Education and knowledge drain. (2003)
- Establishment of Working Group II.F on "Middle Atmospheric Changes and Trends" under International Association of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy (IAGA)-2003
- Established the International Mesospheric temperature Trend Assessment panel of Joint Working Group on trends under the auspices of IAGA and ICMA of International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG)-2002.
- Establishment of Regional Research Center (RRC) at National Physical Laboratory, CSIR, New Delhi (1994).
SCIENTIFIC SUPERVISION / GUIDE
- Guidance to Ph. D. degree as Supervisor (Awarded): -20
- Guiding for Ph. D. degree (In Progress-Registered): -04
- Guidance for M. Tech. /M.Sc. dissertation as Supervisor: -32
- Research Guidance to IAS (Indian Academy of Sciences) Interns: -18
- Trained under Green Skill Development Program of MoEFCC: -104