- Leading - the chemical-climate modeling and air pollution monitoring group at IITM, Pune since 1996 and presently as a Program Manager for the institute's program, "Air Pollution, Transport Modeling & MA -Climate".
- Led the international team - for the global assessment of climate change signals in the middle atmosphere as a chairman of MTTA under IAGA WG-II-F of International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG) which eventually resulted in a prize winning (Norbert-Gerbier Mumm International award of WMO) paper in 2005.
- Editor - of the international journal of atmospheric and solar terrestrial physics (Elsevier Publications, UK) since 2007.
- Program Director - of the ambitious project of Ministry of Earth Science (MoES), Govt. of India namely "System of Air quality Forecasting & Research (SAFAR)", for commonwealth games 2010 to be held in India which will provide the air quality forecasting for the first time in India.
- Reviewer and Lead author - of the "Scientific Assessment of Ozone Depletion" of UNEP (United Nations Environmental Program) and WMO (World Meteorological Organization) for 2 consecutive reports for the years 2007 and 2010.
- Lead author - of the "assessment of Black carbon, Ozone and its precursors of UNEP (United Nations Environmental Program) and WMO (World Meteorological Organization) since 2007.
- Lead author - of the "Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report-2012 UNEP (United Nations Environmental Program) and WMO (World Meteorological Organization) since 2010.
- Principal Investigator - of several independently executed sponsored scientific projects of the Indian Government Agencies like CSIR, DST, MoEF, etc.
- Principal Investigator - of indo-Italian cooperation project of DST, Govt. of India and Italian government under bilateral program.