- 2013: "Certificate of Recognition and Appreciation" for Scientific Assessment Panel by the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP), Ozone Secretariat, UN, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2012: "Golden Jubilee Award" for life time achievements in atmospheric Science by Governing Council-IITM and Earth System Science Organization, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India.
- 2010-2011: "Certificates of Excellence" by World Meteorological Organization (WMO) (United Nations)'s GURME program for the Development of “System of Air quality Forecasting & Research (SAFAR)”, for the commonwealth games 2010 New Delhi to provide the first ever air quality forecasting services in India.
- 2009: Elected FELLOW of Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore that is one of the prestigious scientific academies of India.
- 2008: Certificate of Merit Award in the field of Atmospheric Sciences conferred by the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Govt. of India as a mark of recognizing the technical excellence and significant contribution in Atmospheric Sciences.
- 2007: Maharana Udai Singh National Award by the Maharana Mewar Foundation, Rajasthan for the significant contribution of permanent value in the filled of environmental protection, hand in hand with future development.
- 2006: Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award in the discipline of Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean & Planetary Sciences conferred by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India for outstanding scientific contributions in atmospheric sciences.
- 2005: WMO's (United Nations) Norbert Gerbier-MUMM International Award conferred by World Meteorological Organization (WMO), United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland for the review paper "Review of Mesospheric Temperature Trends" (Beig et al., Review of Geophysics, USA, 2003).
- 2000: The 13th Silver Jubilee Award for the best research contribution for the year 2000 has been conferred by the Governing Council of Indian Institute of tropical Meteorology, Pune for the paper published in Journal of Geophysical Research, 2000.
- 1999: Young Scientist Award for his lifetime achievement in the field of physical sciences category has been conferred to the nominee by the MAAS-Association for Advancement in Science, Aligarh, India.
- 1994: Clean up The World Award by the Clean-up the word Program and United Nations Environment Program, U.S.A.
- 1989: Best Paper Award in National Space Science Symposium–1989 given away by ADCOS, Indian Space Research Organization, Bangalore, India.
- 1983: Gold Medal to stood First rank in the university in Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree (Atmospheric Physics) conferred by the M.L. Sukhadia Univ., Udaipur (Raj).