- To study the impact of air quality on Health and Eco-system.
- To qualify microclimate of metropolitan cities.
- To study the spatio-temporal, seasonal and long-term trends in the level of weather parameter atmospheric pollutant and chemical weather and inter-linkages.
- Delivering the comprehensive seasonal air pollution scenario and relative contribution of different emission sources for various metropolitan cities under study.
- Identification of pathways of pollutants from neighbouring states and relative contribution between local versus distant sources along with its interpretation for different cities.
- Role of meteorology in the distribution of air pollutants and visa-versa by revealing the spatio-temporal behaviour of pollutants and their variability specific to the location.